TARGET SPECIES: Calves, lambs, yeanlings, piglets, pregnant cows, pregnant sows, pregnant sheep, pregnant goats, birds (hens and turkeys)
INDICATIONS: The product is used in the prevention and treatment of skeletal and cardiac myodystrophy in calves, lambs, yeanlings and piglets (especially in early parturition), of hepatic disease in piglets, of growth disorders in young animals, of breeding disorders in cows, sows, sheep and goats (prophylaxis of placental retention, increased fertility) and in growth disorders in birds (hens and turkeys).
1 ml of solution for injection contains:
Vitamin E (α-Tocopheryl acetate).…...….....….....…...........50 mg
Sodium selenite pentahydrate ....…...................................0.5 mg
Benzyl alcohol …………..…..……….………....…………....20 mg
The product is not overdosed because selenium in large quantities becomes very toxic.
It is not administered in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
Some animals, more sensitive, may show an edematous reaction at the injection spot, if the injection is not performed deeply intramuscularly or if the asepsis rules are not observed. Hyperthermia may also occur at the injection spot.
If you notice any serious reactions or other effects not stated in this leaflet, please inform your veterinarian.
SEL-E-VIT, solution for injection, is administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly, in different doses, depending on the species and body weight, repeating every 2 weeks, as appropriate, as follows:
- In calves: preventive, 4 – 8 ml are administered 3 to 5 days, and curative 8 - 16 ml.
- In lambs and yeanlings: preventive, it is administered 0.5 – 1 ml, and curative 2 ml.
- In piglets: preventive, it is administered 3 to 5 days, 1 ml, and curative 2 ml.
- In pregnant cows: 50 ml are administered 3 weeks before calving, in order to prevent myodystrophy of new-born calves.
- In pregnant sows: 6 - 10 ml are administered 2 - 3 weeks before farrowing, in order to prevent myodystrophy of new-born piglets.
- In pregnant sheep and goats: 5 – 6 ml are administered 2 - 3 weeks before yeaning, in order to prevent myodystrophy of new-born lambs and yeanlings.
- In birds: 0.05 ml/kg body weight are administered only intramuscularly preventive for 3 to 5 days, and curative 0.1 ml/kg body weight.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PROPER ADMINISTRATION
Follow the recommended doses strictly.
Do not administer intravenously.
Meat and offal: zero days.
Milk: zero days.
Eggs: zero days.