milbemicin + praziquantel
Milbemax Classic Deworming Tablets are for the treatment and control of larvae and adult stages of gastrointestinal worms such as Hookworm, Roundworm, Whipworm and Tapeworm.
Milbemax Classic is administered orally either directly to your dog or mixed with their food.
- For Small Dogs and Puppies (Each tablet contains 2.5 mg Milbemycin Oxime and 25 mg Praziquantel)
- For Dogs (Each tablet contains 12.5 mg Milbemycin Oxime and 125 mg Praziquantel)
For routine control, adult dogs should be treated every 3 months. In the event of a heavy worm infestation, a repeat dose should be given after 10 days:
- 5 - 12 kg body mass - 0.5 Tablet
- 13 - 25 kg body mass - 1 Tablet
- 25 - 37 kg body mass - 1.5 Tablets
- 37 - 50 kg body mass - 2 Tablets
Only for kittens & small cats over 0.5kg and 6 weeks of age.
- Kittens & Small Cats - 0.5 to 1kg: ½ tablet
- Kittens & Small Cats - 1 to 2kg: 1 tablet
Only for cats over 2kg and 6 weeks of age.
- Cats - 2 to 4kg: ½ tablet
- Cats - 4 to 8kg: 1 tablet
- Cats - over 8kg: A combination of tablets should be given, consistent with the recommended minimum dose.
Treatment is orally, and the labelled dose rate is recommended. The minimum dose is 2mg milbemycin oxime and 5mg praziquantel per kilogram of bodyweight.