Active substance: 300 mg Levamisole hydrochloride
STOZZON-L ® is a broad spectrum anthelmintic against nematodes. It is used for the prevention and treatment of gastrointestinal and pulmonary strongyloidiasis of sheep. Particularly, levamisole is highly effective against mature (95-100%) and immature (85-95%) stages of the following species: Haemonchus spp., Neoascaris vitulorum, Trichostrongylus spp., Chabertia ovina, Cooperia spp., Oesophagostomum spp., Nematodirus spp., Dictyocaulus spp., Marshallagia marshalli, Thelazia spp. and Bunostomum spp. Levamisole is very effective against strains of Haemonchus contortus, Ostertagia circumcincta and Trichostrongylus spp. resistant to benzimidazoles. However, some strains of these parasites might develop resistance against levamisole.
This resistance does not cross with that of benzimidazoles. Levamisole is 80% effective against mature and immature Ostertagia spp. Levamisole is partially effective (60-80%) against Protostrongylus rufescens and Strongyloides papillosus, even less (below 60%) against Trichuris spp. Levamisole is not effective against Muellerius capillaris and Cystocaulus ocreatus, as well against the sub-biotic L4 larvae of Ostertagia spp. Levamisole has no killing effects.
5. CONTRAINDICATIONS Administer levamisole with caution to animals with renal or hepatic insufficiency.
6. ADVERSE REACTIONS Some animals may become agitated and exhibit stimulation and increased salivation within a few minutes after administration of the product. If you notice any serious effects or other effects not mentioned in this leaflet, please inform your veterinary surgeon.
7. TARGET SPECIES Sheep (meat producing) 2
8. DOSAGE FOR EACH SPECIES, ROUTE(S) AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION The general dosage of levamisole in sheep is 7.5 mg/ kg of b.w., specifically 1 tablet STOZZON-L ® 300 tabs of 300 mg/ 40 kg of b.w. Tablets are administered per os with a balling gun or by placing at the base of the tongue. No specific diet is required before administration.
9. ADVICE ON CORRECT ADMINISTRATION None 10. WITHDRAWAL PERIOD Meat: 7 days Do not administer to sheep producing milk for human consumption.
11. SPECIAL STORAGE PRECAUTIONS Store in a cool and dry place protected from light.
. SPECIAL WARNING(S) During vaccination against Clostridia spp., concurrent use of levamisole improves the titer of the induced antibody production. Do not combine levamisole with carbon tetrachloride, hexachloroethane, hexachlorophene and bithionol sulfoxide 72 hours (3 days) after treatment, because these combinations are toxic.
13. SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR THE DISPOSAL OF UNUSED PRODUCT OR WASTE MATERIALS, IF ANY Ask your veterinary surgeon how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures should help to protect the environment. 14. OTHER INFORMATION PACKAGE Box of 50 tablets in blister