TARGET SPECIES: Dogs and cats.
INDICATIONS: The product is recommended in dogs and cats in the treatment of bacterial infections with sulfadimethoxine-sensitive germs:
- Respiratory infections (tonsillitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis, pneumonia)
- Genito-urinary infections (cystitis, nephritis, metritis, pyometritis)
- Infections of the digestive tract (bacterial enteritis, bacterial enteritis associated with coccidiosis in dogs, canine salmonellosis)
- Dermal infections (pustular dermatitis, abscesses, infected wounds)
- Infections of the perianal glands.
1 tablet contains:
Do not administer to animals with serious yeanlingney or liver problems.
Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or any of the excipients.
Rarely, skin rashes (hives), gastric irritation (anorexia, vomiting), polyarthritis or keratitis may occur.
If you notice serious reactions or other effects not listed in this leaflet, please inform your veterinarian.
METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION:
The tablets shall be administered orally, either as such or incorporated into the food after crushing the tablet.
The recommended initial dose is 55 mg of active substance/kg bw, for one day; then the dose is reduced to 27.5 mg of active substance/kg/ day for 4 – 6 consecutive days.
Initial dose: 1 tablet per 4.5 kg bw.
Maintenance dose: 1/2 tablet for 4.5 kg bw.
The treatment shall continue for 2 - 3 days after the disappearance of the symptoms.
In order to ensure proper dosage, the body weight of the animals should be determined as accurately as possible.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PROPER ADMINISTRATION: